Salary Circa £18,000
Hours of work 09.00 -17.30 Monday - Friday
Our client is an independently owned Motorcycle Insurance Broker based over three sites in Northamptonshire.
Established in 1975, they have now grown into the UK's Number One provider of motorcycle insurance, with over 300 people supplying technical expertise and an excellent customer experience for riders across the country.
As well as the best insurance deals in the market, they have the best team of people in the profession also offering scholarships and career development opportunities for all.
Reporting to the Defendant Claims Team Manager, you will pro-actively manage a caseload of Defendant Motor and Personal Injury claims to conclusion.
Candidates will be provided with a complete training programme in respect of claims handing and therefore candidates with limited experience would be considered as would those candidates who do not possess a claims background.
Your main responsibilities and duties will include:
- You will establish and review evidence and making decisions on liability and quantum. Advise customers of the claim process and check third party claims progress. Making sure that premiums have been paid and that indemnity is in order.
- You will arrange inspections of third party vehicles and gather evidence for the valuing of claims
- Identify and manage new and existing third party claims through the MOJ Claims Portal Stage 1 and Stage 2;
- Review medical reports, records and other documents to place a valuation on a personal injury claim as well as arranging payments on third party claims within prescribed authority limits;
- Review and calculate claims for financial losses to include credit hire and credit repair;
- Flag any concerns identified regarding fraudulent claims, exaggeration or doubtful claims to the Team Manager as well as identifying cases where there are large losses or potential for the same;
- To negotiate settlements with third parties and their representatives;
- To provide and document a reserve for each case and update and maintain accurate reserves;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- A professional attitude;
- Good administrative and computer keyboard skills;
- Respect for confidential information.
The ideal candidate will have experience of or an ability to:
- Show tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers and third party's;
- Experience of handling motor accident claims;
- Experience of liability and fraud investigations;
- Working knowledge of the litigation process and understanding of the CPR;
- Utilise the MOJ Claims Portal and understand the work of a Claim Notification Form.
Candidates will be expected to:
- Continuously drive improvement in the third-party claims process;
- Continually adhere to specific protocols and best practice;
- Work closely with colleagues within the firm to deliver consistently high levels of performance;
- Support the Company's values and policies in a professional manner
- Create accurate Claims Management System records;
- Ensure quality, service standards and productivity levels are maintained to a high standard.