Technical & Regulatory Business Consultant
- Accountability for monitoring the output of the FCA/other relevant regulatory organisations to assess the impact of relevant publications on the business and its clients and communicate in a timely manner
- Support for the technical helpdesk facility with member queries on technical financial planning issues including pensions, investments, corporate advice, protection, taxation and trusts.
- Produce timely and relevant written compliance information and guidance for distribution to internal staff and clients
- Take accountability for resolution of complex regulatory queries escalated from client meetings
- Where necessary, interact with the FCA and other regulatory organisations to resolve points of interpretation.
- Produce regulatory articles, training and presentations for delivery within the business and/or in external communications.
- Produce technical material, articles and presentations for use within the business and in external communications
- Assist with development and hosting of bespoke customer training / meetings / delivery of projects at client or external premises.
- Keep up to date with technical and product developments within the industry and highlight relevant information to other members of the team and the compliance policy team.
- Implement and manage an oversight plan to ensure that regulatory activities are benchmarked and monitored to meet with consistency and quality purposes at a level suitable for independent audit
- Provide regular and appropriate feedback to change delivery managers on opportunities for improved interactions with colleagues both within and outside the Business Transformation function
- Diploma in Financial Planning or equivalent
- Experience of a compliance focused environment is required
- Comprehensive all round up to date technical/product knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation/regulation gained in a similar level position