Fee Earner - Injury (33710)
Reporting to the Team Partner and Associate, the ideal candidate will:
• Act as a first point of contact for designated clients.
• Maintain a case load of volume (motor cases with a value of up to £100k) bodily injury claims, in strict adherence to the Service Level Agreement(s) entered into with the insurer client.
• Be responsible for managing all financial aspects of his/her caseload, to include billing in strict adherence to the Service Level Agreement(s) entered into with the insurer client, managing WIP, debt and resolving general accounting queries.
• Build relationships with client contacts at all levels where necessary.
• Day to day responsibilities will include but is not limited to the following: - Analysis of evidence and setting case strategies encompassing both technical and commercial considerations, obtaining and drafting pleadings, witness statements and letters of response, conducting (telephone) negotiation of claims, sound file management – to include consistent and accurate: billing; management of WIP and file closures; updating Management Information and KPI compliance.
• Participate in marketing and client training events where necessary.
Reporting to the Team Partner and Associate, the ideal candidate will have:
• Five or more years' experience of dealing with litigated bodily injury claims, with experience of handling volume physical and psychiatric injury claims.
• A defendant background/experience is preferable but not essential.
• The technical ability to appropriately advise insurer clients as to all issues associated with volume motor clams, including liability, multiple party claims, indemnity and issues of medical causation and quantum .
• Excellent communication skills.
• A proven track record of working in a target driven commercial environment is essential.
• Excellent commercial awareness .
• This individual will be expected to be able to identify market trends, to provide commercially rounded advice to clients and view things from a business perspective.
• Flexible with an ability to adapt to rapid change, both internally and in the context of clients' businesses.
• Team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particular in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols.
Our large Birmingham team, whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
DAC Beachcroft LLP is the biggest defendant insurance litigation firm. DAC Beachcroft LLP has been involved in some of the leading cases that have been reported so the work is often high profile.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.