Senior Software Engineer
We are currently looking for Front End and Back End Senior Software Engineers to design, develop and deliver high quality software solutions for our products.
For more information on who we are and what we can offer please visit our Careers Site at https://careers.craneware.com/
Our Tech Stack: C# (ASP.Net + Web API), Angular JS (1.4.5), Azure, SQL Server, Arango DB, NoSQL, MongoDB
Front End Technical Requirements: Strong Experience with Angular JS is essential. Experience in Microsoft Azure is also required. Experience with C# is highly desirable.
Back End Technical Requirements: Strong Experience with C# and windows desktop development.
- Work within an agile delivery team to contribute to the design and development of software releases using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) methodology.
- Design well architected, maintainable solutions using appropriate design principles for example design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Investigate and resolve software defects to provide timely resolutions.
- Ensure sufficient code coverage of deliverables by the use of automated tests.
- Contribute towards defining Engineering Software Standards and Best Practices.
- Review peer code against development standards to ensure high quality code and consistency.
- Work with product management to provide technical solutions to meet product requirements.
- Provide technical leadership by supporting, training and mentoring software engineers.
- Lead process and standard improvements.
- Participate in technical recruitment.
- Keep up to date with technical advances to drive innovation.
As well meeting the technical requirements detailed above we are also looking for:
- In depth knowledge and expertise in at least one core area of software engineering, with a basic awareness of additional core areas.
- An in-depth understanding of automated testing methods and their application.
- Working knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools (e.g. TFS or Jira).
- Understanding of Application Lifecycle Management methodology and software standards.
- An in-depth understanding of software principles for example SOLID principles and design patterns and how to apply them.
- Good understanding of software architecture.
- Awareness of release management processes and tools.
- Proven track record in designing and building quality software solutions.
- Ability to analyse and solve technical problems.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to target audience.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members within an Agile Delivery team.
- Proven experience in mentoring less experienced developers.
- Proven understanding of the use of source control.
- Educated to Degree level and 3+ years of commercial experience working in a Software Engineering role or alternatively 5+ years of commercial experience working in a Software Engineering role.
- 1+ years’ experience in one or more database technologies (e.g. SQL, non-relational) including data modelling and performance.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77446451