Paralegal - Motor Credit Hire
CSG Motor Credit Hire
6 Month FTC and Permanent available
To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of the high volume litigated credit hire cases.
As part of the fee earning aspect of this role, candidates are expected to:
• Handle a varied caseload of pre-litigated and litigated work covering the above types of claim with an appropriate level of supervision.
• Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information.
• Ensure strict and ongoing adherence to benchmark standards in all work undertaken.
• To hit, maintain and apply a consistent approach to all individual targets of chargeable time, financial performance, realisation rates, settlement rates and average claim spend.
• Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
• Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
• Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training.
• Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
• Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications.
• You will be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
Expertise in litigation is essential.
• Exposure to credit hire and CPR.
• IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Experience of working within a pressurised and deadline driven environment with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
• A co-operative team player who presents a positive, enthusiastic and flexible approach to their work.
• Outstanding eye for detail.
• Confident oral and written communication skills.
• Confident negotiator and communicator.
Our market leading Birmingham Credit Hire team are part of the Claims Solutions Group, who deal with clients who are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates. They deal with all aspects of defendant credit hire dispute resolution, providing an end to end solution. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues and assisting clients formulate their own strategies.
The Credit Hire Team deals with both traditional and complex Credit Hire claims including General Terms of Agreement (GTA) and Non-GTA Credit Hire cases, enforceability, intervention strategies, illegality and intelligence/behavioural analysis.
The team has a progressive approach and a market leading reputation for not simply tackling the claims themselves from a litigation perspective, but also for tracking and analysing behaviours and trends with a view to providing insurers with bespoke strategies.
- See more at: http://fsr.cvmailuk.com/dacb/main.cfm?page=jobSpecific&jobId=30634&rcd=44305&queryString=groupType_3%3D2797%26groupType_4%3D%26groupType_73%3D#sthash.kIdwdDmu.dpuf
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, A Client's Guide to the Legal Profession 2016, the firm received 59 rankings with a record 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 116 lawyer listings.
In The Legal 500 2015, the leading guide to law firms in the UK, the firm received a record 111 practice area rankings, including more than 60 in the tier 1 and 2 brackets. The firm is also recognised for its international capabilities in Chambers Asia Pacific, as well as Chambers and Legal 500 Europe and Latin America, with more than 50 additional international leading lawyers listed.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.