Senior Automation Engineer
Responsible for the overall design, maintenance and execution of automated testing of data and web products using a variety of automation and Application Lifecycle Management tools.
Provides direct line management at an operational level to Automation Engineers and Test Analysts and ensures that the team are working at the highest standards to meet business objectives.
For more information on who we are and what we can offer please visit our Careers Site at https://careers.craneware.com/
- Collaborate with the Software Manager, Test to provide a consistent approach to Test leadership.
- Design, maintain and execute automated testing of API and Web Service test data and web products on multiple platforms and devices ensuring consistency and sufficient test coverage.
- Build and maintain and development plan for upskilling existing team and new recruits to become automation engineers.
- Manage automation training and development information and responsible for all automation content on the internal Wiki.
- Provide guidance, direction coaching and mentoring for reporting test team members, and others when applicable as well as responsibility for administration of holidays, absence.
- Manage, lead and develop a team of Automation Engineers and Test Analysts to achieve career objectives through the full contribution management process including contribution reviews and goal
setting, promotions and performance improvement plans.
- Manage and configure performance, load and stress testing using automated tools, ensuring production of high quality deliverables that are scalable and performant.
- Manage, configure and overall responsibility for the test environment and automation tools in association with engineering colleagues such as dev, architecture and DevOps.
- Working with Agile delivery teams to ensure automation test goals, objectives, and expectations are effectively met.
- Defining and providing statistics to measure team performance, quality and success achieved as a result of automation.
- Working with Software Managers, ensuring testing standards, policies and priorities are in line between manual and automation areas of the team ensuring adherence to the internal Application Lifecycle Management methodology.
- Manage source control of automation artifacts within GIT and MTM
- Recording technical nonfunctional requirements with the architecture team and developing and running tests round nonfunctional requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Education:
- 5 years’ work experience in test discipline with at least 3 years’ automation testing or demonstrable experience.
- Proven experience of managing fast-paced small teams that follow Test agile methodologies with at least 2 years’ experience in a leadership capacity or equivalent proven skill set and
- Demonstrate practical application of object oriented design principles.
- Demonstrable extensive experience and ability to design, develop and deploy automated solutions.
- Ability to define and implement plans for driving, improving and maintaining automation.
- Ability to define automation plans with regard to chosen databases such as SQL, NoSQL, and JSON.
- Ability to define automation plans for isolated API, integrated micro service and Performance/load/stress testing.
- Ability to define automation plans for testing cloud based solutions such as Microsoft Azure, AWS.
- Ability to define automation plans and process in relation to Git, TFS, and/or other source control/configuration management systems.
- Ability to apply software development methodologies and practices, including agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery in line our internal Application Lifecycle Management methodology.
- Ability to define automation plans with regard to Microsoft test frameworks and/or JUnit, NUnit, TFS, Test Manager and Visual Studio Coded UI, Selenium.
- Ability to define automation plans for Lab Management in a virtualised environment such as Cloud or VM Labs.
- Ability to apply automation frameworks using best practices.
- Ability to manage complex projects, develop test plans and provide leadership/mentorship to colleagues.
- Situational awareness with regard day to day activities across all teams with regard to anything that might affect automation.
- Technical mentor and great team player.
- Ability to cultivate leadership and progression throughout the team.
- Ability to implement succession planning and flexibility across the team.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77447698