AD/SAD Consumer and entertainment brands salary up to £60k
Account Director/Senior account director up to £60k!
Our client, a young communications agency with a range of big consumer and corporate clients, spanning luxury lifestyle, media and entertainment, sport and finance. Established in 2013, the agency fosters a wonderfully dynamic, supportive and fun environment, with a strong team of more than 20 creative professionals; this is an exciting time to be joining the agency as it grows.
They are currently seeking for a an ambitious account director to join our team working on Global, one of the UK’s biggest media and entertainment groups and world renowned luxury department store. You will have consumer brand experience, who is entrepreneurial, experience in managing senior clients and gravitas in the room, excited by new business and will be driven by the prospect of growing business
As an account director you’ll manage projects from writing proposals with the senior agency team to working with junior members to produce outstanding results across a broad range of media targets. You’ll also be the day-to-day contact for clients and work with the team to further develop strong media relationships.
Our work for Global is exciting and varied and includes the following:
- Media and event management for two of the UK’s biggest multi-artist events of the year
- Brand publicity
- Creative and strategic planning
Project and press office management – leading on campaigns from planning through to delivery and evaluation. Managing a busy press office and responding quickly and efficiently to client and media requests.
Client handling – building and maintaining strong client relationships and acting as day-to-day contact for relevant members of the client team – becoming a critical partner and trusted friend.
Media relations – showing a keen eye for scoping out relevant opportunities for clients by staying on top of the news agenda, face to face journalist meetings, selling-in assets and coming up with new angles for relevant media.
Media materials – writing press releases (consumer and trade), social media plans, media pitches and showing evidence of understanding what the news/story is.
Team Management – Managing junior team members to ensure a smooth running press office and delivery of campaigns to a high standard. Constantly seeking out new opportunities for clients and overseeing team development.
Industry understanding - developing an in-depth knowledge of clients’ business and sectors to ensure broader understanding of their business and the wider industry.
New business: Working with the agency senior management team to drive new business. Writing proposals and attending pitch presentations.
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Must have worked on big consumer brands
- Strong entertainment media contacts
- Trade PR experience – press release writing for trade and selling-in
- Experience managing junior team members
Attributes we look for:
- Positive can do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to juggle multiple projects or tasks at once and meet tight deadlines
- Being able to recognise what makes a story
- HOLIDAY: Basic 21 days holiday, plus 3 days at Christmas, plus one ‘loyalty’ day for every year of service (capped at 28).
- BONUSES: exceptional new business referral (10% of project fee/1st month of retainer
- TRAINING: Internal scheme of workshops run by management team. External management training for SAD and above.
- STAFF PARTIES AND REWARDS: Summer and Christmas staff events, Friday afternoon fitness and culture outings and 5pm finish.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this role then please submit your CV ASAP for immediate consideration and one of the team will be in touch with you.