3rd Line Support Engineer – Managed Services
Salary: £40,000-£48,000 + 5% On Call
Hours: Monday – Friday, 09:00AM – 17:30PM
Location: Aldgate, London
As a company, Exponential-e are constantly striving for world class status by challenging the status quo to deliver competitive advantage.
Exponential-e is an organisation that continually invests in technology, people and training. We are driven by people that want to learn, build a career path and achieve.
Your new role
You will work within our Managed Service team, on an ITIL focused support desk. The role is focused on troubleshooting physical and virtual server infrastructure issues, as well as occasionally working on implementation, migration and upgrade projects.
- Ensuring calls are quickly responded to, closed or resolved within SLAs
- Act as an escalation point for the 1st/2nd Line teams
- Provide 3rd Line Infrastructure support to a variety of clients and technologies
Experience of working within a Managed Service Provider is necessary
What you’ll need to succeed
Key Technical Skills:
To undertake the role of a Managed Services specialist, you will have an exceptional understanding of installing, configuring and supporting server infrastructure technologies, and would have moved away from typical end-user support.
- Previous experience in a 3rd Line infrastructure support role
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 Framework
- Comfortable and confident with troubleshooting complex infrastructure issues
- Proven track record of working from your own initiative
Experience with troubleshooting, supporting and managing most of the following:
- Virtualised server environments (VMWare/Hyper-V)
- Exchange 2003 – 2016/Office 365
- Skype for Business/Lync
- SQL Server
- Active Directory
- Windows Server 2003 - 2016
Ideally you will possess an industry standard certification (MCSA, MCSE, VCP, CCA etc.) or at least knowledge to that level.
What's In It for You?
- Development and progression opportunities into more technical or senior positions
- Access to a wide range of learning materials and courses
- Work with enterprise and high-profile clients
- Be at the forefront of technology
- A versatile day-to-day, with a mix of project work and BAU support
- Comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday, free fruit, season ticket loans, local gym discount, vitality health cover)
- Feel consistently supported in your role and development for the future
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Exponential-e is a British cloud and connectivity pioneer with a difference. Its cloud services do not traverse the public Internet. Instead, they reside (logically) on a customer's LAN, on the clean side of the firewall so security and privacy concerns are negated. Exponential-e wholly owns a super-fast 100 Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 VPLS Network that guarantees a superior level of resilience, reliability and performance. Exponential-e also integrates with third party providers and bespoke applications for both the Enterprise and SMEs with an end-to-end SLA.
That’s why it’s trusted by over 2,800 customers, boasts 96% customer reference-ability, features in the London Stock Exchange's Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, and is included in Investec’s Top 100 fastest growing UK Mid-Market companies.‘Your Cloud is only as good as your network’
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77456937