Paralegal / Litigation Assistant - Healthcare Claims
Our Healthcare Division is looking for a Litigation Assistant based in Cambridge to work closely with our London office dealing with clinical negligence claims and coverage for a major international Healthcare Insurer.
This is a great opportunity for candidates who have an interest in this area to join a highly reputable Division, ranked in the top tier for Defendant Clinical Negligence in both Chambers and Legal 500.
Our defendant only practice based both in London and Cambridge advises the NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts, the Medical Protection Society and medical malpractice insurers of private hospitals, clinics and practitioners on clinical negligence claims.
We also advise on medical insurance coverage, health law advice, regulatory matters and represent clients at inquests and judicial reviews.
Type of Clients:
- Healthcare insurer
- Independent hospital groups
Type of Cases:
- A wide range of clinical negligence claims of mainly low to medium value.
- Scheme coverage (Policy) issues.
- Good Academics
- Degree 2:1 or above (or equivalent)
- 1 year* claims handling experience within clinical negligence.
- Client contact.
- Strong IT Skills.
- Fast track and/or Multi-track claims experience.
- File management - effective use of diary system/case management system to ensure capture of management information.
- Experience in assessing Policy issues, quantum analysis and liability.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply a forensic approach.
- To be proactive and take initiative.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage own time, excellent organisation skills.
- Strong technical and research skills.
*Where a level of post qualification experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a solicitor to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less post qualification experience. Kennedys welcomes applications from candidates at all levels who can demonstrate they have gained the required experience in an appropriate legal context.