Audit Manager - Dartford, Kent
Levitate Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an Audit & Accounts Manager to join a UK Top 40 firm of Chartered Accountants in their Dartford offices. The firm is well establsihed across London and the South and serve a diverse client base in a range of industries. The Dartford office consists of 5 partners and circa 50 staff and focusses wholly on owner managed businesses, with turnovers from circa £1 million up to £100 million. and provides a wide range of services to include audit, accountancy, accounts support, payroll bureau, tax compliance, specialist tax services, M&A and deals / transaction reports.
- Reporting directly to partners, the role consists of handling a diversified portfolio of owner managed companies with turnovers of £1 million up to £100 million.
- The work will include a mix of both audit and accounting assignments.
- As a portfolio manager, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for running a portfolio of circa 50 clients, with annual fees in the region of £400,000 upwards.
- Liaising with clients and managing client expectations.
- Organising and running all accounting and audit assignments for the portfolio.
- Supervising and reviewing staff output, primarily accounts for audit production.
- Reporting directly to the partner and attending at all client accounts meetings.
- Organising pre-year-end tax planning work and devising appropriate tax strategies for clients.
- Attendance and input to practice development initiatives including significant networking and new prospect / potential client proposals.
- Working within an existing team of managers and partners to further develop and support the growth of the Dartford office and overall business.;
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Good IT skills including Outlook, Excel, Word and Accounting packages
- Experienced in managing the audit process from planning to completion of financial statements.
- Working knowledge of Digita and Caseware.