Senior Network Engineer
At AQA we have a passion for inspiring lessons and great learning. We employ over 1,000 people as well as the 28,500 associates (people who mark, moderate and work with us to deliver our qualifications) and have offices in Guildford, Manchester, Harrogate, London and Bath.
We are recruiting a Senior Network Engineer specialising in network security to join our Tech Ops team who are responsible for managing and maintaining a first class, effective, robust and secure networking and corporate computing service.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of delivering Cisco technical support at a senior level. An in-depth understanding of network security is considered essential for the role.
Experience in the following areas is considered key:
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco network security products demonstrable to CCNP Security level.
- Enterprise LAN and Data Centre networking knowledge and experience
- Hands on experience of routing protocols and WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, policy based routing and redistribution.
Experience in the following technologies is highly advantageous
- Cisco ASA firewall based security infrastructure
- Cisco Ironport Web Security
- Cisco FireSIGHT and FirePOWER Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Cisco ACS or ISE authentication servers
- Load balancers (F5 Big IP LTM, ASM) or Kemp Load Master in particular.
- Cisco IOS and Nexus based routing and switching
- VPN Secure access protocols (IPSec, SSL etc)
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controller
- Siemens Voice communication system to include Openscape and Xpressions
- RSA Authentication Manager
- Polycom video conferencing environments
- Azure Networking technologies
- Network monitoring systems such as Cacti or SolarWinds
We're looking for the best people who can help us grow and develop to ensure we achieve our vision of being a force for good in education that enables teachers and students to realise their potential.
In return, you can expect a great range of benefits including:
- 35 hour core week
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
- a contributory pension scheme with additional benefits
- childcare voucher scheme and family friendly flexible policies
- on-going career and development opportunities.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter as one document via our website, stating why you think you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations.
Closing date for applications is 10:00 Monday 20 November 2017.
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy if a high number of applications have been received. If you are successful and shortlisted for interview you will be contacted by email.
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77430128