Technical Project Engineer
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Our IT Operations team is a centralised function that provides the IT foundation of our business. All infrastructure related projects are managed under the Infrastructure portfolio. Critical to the success of our delivery are our Technical Project Engineers who will work in partnership with our internal technical teams and IT Vendors in order to build the best in class technical solutions for our IT infrastructure.
Provide a complete breadth of technical skills to a wide-ranging portfolio of projects. In particular our desktop strategy program is currently a top priority in Lookers. You'll improve our Windows 10 gold build, take charge of Application packaging, and address Deployment issues
You will be an engaging, dynamic and collaborative team player with broad technical experience as well as a track record of supporting a range of infrastructure projects, in terms of size and complexity. Technical experience in the following areas:
· System Centre Configuration Manager 2012 CB (Current Branch)
· SCCM Admin and deployment of patches, applications and OSD
· Documentation and creation of Windows Images (Gold Builds), Maintenance, Patching and Updating procedures
· Application packaging for SCCM
· MDT2013 Reference and Custom Image creation
· OneDrive exposure / experience
· Windows 7, 8.1 & 10
· BitLocker & MBAM
· Server 2016 / 2012 (R2) / 2008 (R2)
· Microsoft Hyper-V, SQL2008
· Active Directory Administration,
· Group Policy (GPO), BitLocker
· Windows SharePoint
· Microsoft USMT,
· Workstations and Laptops,
· VB Script , PowerShell
· MS Office 2010 / 2016 / O365
· Data and Application Migration,
· User Training and Development,
· LAN / WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP
· Windows Performance Toolkit
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.