- Role: SQL Developer
- Location: London
- Skills: SQL Server development/Data Warehouse environment/Testing skills
- Salary: up to £55,000pa + bonus + benefits
Permanent opportunity for a SQL Developer to join our leading financial services client in their London offices.
The successful SQL Developer will be working in an agile environment to help solve solutions and make sure the existing warehouse platform remains stable. You will also work alongside business stakeholders and team members to understand and finalise requirements.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience working within a data warehouse environment with Unit/System testing skills.
This role will also give you the opportunity to work with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Scala and Kafka.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex bug fixes and data remediations.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Collaborate with team members to put in place and use automated unit testing and deployment tools
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Keep in touch with new technology developments and identify where they could be of use
- Extensive skills with SQL Server Development
- Experience working in a team-oriented, agile and collaborative environment
- Hands on Data Warehouse experience with strong programming skills and understanding of database structures, design, theories, principles, and practices in Microsoft SQL environment
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Enjoys working in a high-pressure environment
Any experience setting up and using continuous integration tools (DevOps) such as TFS, Redgate, JIRA, Jenkins, Bitbucket and Bamboo would be highly advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity for a SQL Developer to deliver quality solutions to our well known client; with the aim to grow and progress within their IT Department.
If this is of interest to you and you feel you have the experience required please apply with a copy of your most up to date CV.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77426149