Senior Risk Manager
As the Senior Risk Manager, you will lead and manage key portfolio(s) on a strategic & day to day basis to ensure long term member value is optimised at all stages of the credit life cycle whilst remaining within the agreed risk appetite of the business.
The Client: A well-known, long-standing and award winning business with a reputation of providing exceptional levels of customer and employee satisfaction.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Manage and control all aspects of the credit risk on the key retail portfolio(s)
- Provide evidence based reassurance that all decisions, processes, systems and documentation fully comply with all internal and external requirements be they regulatory, prudential, conduct or business etc.
- Oversee and implement policy change for the secured portfolio
- Lead the oversight and challenge of the development of new secured products
- Active management of the secured portfolio to ensure it is in line with risk appetite, identification and reporting of high risk segments and implementation of appropriate strategies to reduce future arrears losses
- Lead, manage, enthuse & continually enhance the capability of the portfolio credit teams
- Deliver an effective asset strategy for the secured portfolio
- Maintain and develop excellent relationships across the business
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Educated to degree level
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Retail Banking / Credit / Analytics
- Past working experience in a similar role
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. SAS / SQL
- A flexible and adaptable management style with experience of developing yourself and others
- A track record of making strategic business decisions, considering relevant risks, long term implications, commercial realities and stakeholders needs