What is the purpose of this role?
We are looking to appoint a qualified and experienced Finance Manager to manage the finances for one of our key Highways Accounts with a turnover of circa £25 million based near Nottingham.
This position will manage the production of monthly financial results ensuring compliance with internal and external requirements and providing insightful analysis on variances and working alongside senior management to optimise performance. You will be responsible for both the finance and administration teams.
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the production and reporting of cash flow forecasts, together with variance analysis.
What will this role involve?
- Manage production of monthly financial results ensuring compliance with internal and external requirements and providing insightful analysis on variances
- Work with senior management to optimise performance
- Manage production of budgets and forecasts
- Support internal and external audit processes
What are we looking for?
- CIMA / ACCA qualified accountant with broad post qualification experience in a similar role
- Strong Excel skills
- High level of experience of month end close procedures
- Excellent working knowledge of all SAP finance processes
- Resilient with high customer service focus to manage upwards to very senior levels
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Commercially focussed with ability to deliver improvements in an operational environment
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines with a high degree of quality and understanding
- Environmental awareness for managers
- IOSH managing safety
To provide financial support for the management team and to ensure that both internal and external accounting and reporting requirements are delivered and control standards met.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.