My client is a leading professional services firm. Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, their Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. The regional Risk and Regulatory team offer the skills and levers to provoke and support complex and unique risk transformational projects in the financial services industry.
This role holder will be a part of the regional Risk and Regulatory Team, which comprises 30 individuals that are spread across the North, the Midlands and the South.
This is a varied role that offers tremendous opportunity for development in one of the UK’s fastest growth professions at one of the UK’s largest and more renowned risk and regulatory consultancy
- Advising clients on the impact of the changing risk and regulatory landscapes on their business models and supporting them through that change to manage the risks effectively (e.g. CRD4, IRB, IFRS9 etc)
- Delivering engagements (which might include multi-disciplinary engagements), which would typically include reviews of risk frameworks and policies, credit and operational risk reviews, gap analysis, training, risk analytics, IRB and IFRS9 support and the provision of ad-hoc advice and guidance.
- Delivering these engagements individually or as part of an engagement team.
- Over time, managing these engagements and overseeing the team delivering these.
- Playing a prominent role in business development for the Risk and Regulatory Team and wider business, which might include assisting in the building of propositions and taking these to market as well as identifying opportunities for on-sell from existing client engagements.
- Playing a role in research, insight development and knowledge management.
- The delivery of client work/internal projects to a thorough and exacting standard.
Qualifications & Skills
- Knowledge of the banking, mortgage and consumer credit markets – highly desirable.
- Previous consulting experience – desirable
- Essential - Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of credit model development and validation including the following:
- Data extraction and pre-processing
- Modular model development
- User acceptance testing
- Model performance assessments
- Knowledge of wider key risks – such as credit, operational, liquidity risks etc – highly desirable
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework and requirements on risks and supporting guidance (CRD4, CRR, IFRS9, EBA publications, PRA policy statements etc) - highly desirable;
- Active listener and effective communicator.
- Issue identification and problem-solving skills (and pro proactive in thinking of new and creative ways to solve these problems).
- Proven ability to draft clear and concise written outputs.
- Proven ability to achieve results, even when faced with obstacles or setbacks.
- Positive and flexible attitude to work and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
- Networking, influencing and stakeholder management.
- Confident and highly motivated individual.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
- Proactively takes responsibility for own professional development and seeks to continually develop a breadth of knowledge and expertise.
- Given the grade, we are looking for candidates that have at least 2 years of relevant experience in industry or other professional services firms.