Senior Financial Crime Investigator
Our client is a leading financial services’ business who are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Crime Investigator. The role is responsible for leading the Financial Crime Investigation team into successfully protecting the Company from fraud losses.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of fraud prevention systems and use them effectively to further investigations and to protect the Company from fraud losses.
- Analyse and evaluate fraud cases and developing trends and provide feedback to Senior Management as required.
- Produce detailed Management Information reports for Senior Management and Credit Risk evaluation
- Present department reports and discuss MI at a senior level
- Liaise with fraud organizations and effectively share information and knowledge of known and suspected frauds.
- Performance manage the financial crime team, conduct reviews, identify training needs and develop the team’s skills as required
- Provide guidance and advice to colleagues to ensure procedures are followed and current legislation is understood and adhered to
- Maintain department procedures and successfully implement change to processes when an opportunity for improvement is identified
- Attend meetings with external fraud prevention agencies and keep abreast of any changes or trends emerging within the industry
- Provide mandatory AML/CTF training presentations to employees and give ongoing training and advice on Financial Crime matters when required
- Liaise with police and law enforcement agencies when required
- Understanding of operational procedures within the business and ability to use internal systems
- Knowledge of CIFAS and SIRAS’s role in fraud prevention and how membership of these organizations impacts operations
- Understanding of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing legislation
- Understanding of the Fraud Investigation processes