We require a Consultant whom we can train to become proficient in analytical tools such as Splunk, Hadoop, Elastic Stack, with a specific and majority focus on Splunk.
We require a presentable customer-facing candidate, with the drive to become a solutions architect responsible for designing, installing and customising data analytics software and associated applications for our customers.
The person will also be involved in helping to develop their own applications to enhance functionality for our customers.Activities and responsibilities (include):
The candidate will be expected to configure and customize data analytics software.
- The installation of Splunk on a variety of operating systems like Windows (all recent versions), Linux (various distributions), Solaris, HPUX, AIX.*
- Creation and customisation of knowledge objects in Splunk, such as dashboards, reports, alerts
- Configuration of data ingestion into Splunk
- Advising customers as to best practices for configuring Splunk.
- Helping in the development of new NCC applications for Splunk.
- Providing support for NCC customers.
- Travelling to and from a wide variety of customers within the UK and Ireland and occasionally other places outside of the UK and Ireland.
* Note: Most customers Linux to host Splunk components, and some use Windows; most customers will source the majority of their endpoint security data from Windows systemsSkills and experience:
- Working with XML
- Unix or Linux
- Experience working with a recent Windows OS
- Willing to travel within the UK frequently and Internationally occasionally
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Working knowledge with Databases
- Cyber Security Experience
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Practical experience with genuinely large data sets and volumes
- Experience working with Regular Expressions
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, preferably with Python
- Red Hat or derivative
- Windows Server 2008 or more recent
- Working with AWS, Azure, or other VPC solution
- Hold a valid driving license and own a car
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77422983