Our client, a successful and highly reputable private practice based in Stockport, Cheshire, are looking to offer a wonderful career opportunity to multiple Law Graduates.
The primary responsibility of the role will be to provide support and assistance to Conveyancers which will help to achieve a satisfactory profitable outcome for the business.
To be considered for this position you must have completed, or be working towards completing, your LPC.
You will be accountable to:
1. Meet agreed personal targets
2. Support your Case Manager in the management of their caseload by actioning administrative procedures as directed by your Case Manager and providing feedback where required.
3. To comply with all Employer policies and procedures at all times.
4. Store documents on Proclaim in the preferred way of the Practice.
5. Handle queries by telephone, meet and greet clients in reception in a professional manner.
6. To deal effectively with clients and introducers both over the telephone and in written correspondence.
7. To provide the highest level of customer service to clients and introducers at all times.
8. Consistently produce accurate correspondence and documentation in a time efficient manner.
9. Maintain a high standard of spelling and grammar on all correspondence.
10. To provide updates to clients and introducers frequently and wherever appropriate.
11. Consistently carry out tasks to satisfactory, profitable conclusions
12. Contributes to the overall success of the department by offering assistance to colleagues when appropriate.
Tasks will typically include:
- Updating work provider’s websites with updated actions
- Dealing with incoming, outgoing calls in order to update parties/progress cases
- Open files as assigned by Head of Department/Senior Case Manager on Proclaim efficiently maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Process Client initial packs, ensuring Proclaim is updated accurately and verify client identification in accordance with Employers AML policy and procedures.
- Sending terms of engagement and accurate estimates of fees and disbursements
- To support Case Managers in the maintenance of files by effective file management.
- To assist Case Managers in the management of case-load by dealing with file related queries either face to face or by telephone.
- To ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the Case Manager/Senior Case Manager.
- To assist in general office administration and in the locating of files when necessary.
- To answer internal telephone calls efficiently and politely and take messages, as necessary.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- The accurate and timely logging on of incoming mail on Proclaim.
- Process Memorandums of Sale ensuring Proclaim is updated accurately
- Carry out Land Registry searches
- Assist with issue of contract packs
- Carry out property searches ensuring the correct search provider is used
- Assist with preparations for completion including pre-completion searches
- Deal with post-completion matters such as SDLT submissions and the transfer of files to the Post Completion Team
- Closing abortive files as required and ensuring documentation is authorised, Proclaim is updated and fees have been paid and there are clear account ledgers
- Photocopying, scanning and faxing when required.
- Maintain filing system.
- Keep all files up to date on Proclaim
- Keep clients informed on progress
- Pass on accurate messages from clients who require information/action from Case Manager/Team Leader.
- Carry out administration tasks as required.
- Assist colleagues when appropriate with administration and where necessary secretarial responsibilities.
- Deal with post completion registration
- Liaise with the Land Registry in relation to any requisitions that may be raised in a prompt and efficient manner
- Close files ensuring all ledgers are clear and any funds due back to the Clients are dealt with promptly
- Gain experience in increasing range of conveyancer tasks in due course
- Generally assist the team as appropriate
** All above to be carried out under the supervision of the Head of Dept/Senior Case Manager as appropriate**
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £15,000.00 /year