Who we are
At iPLATO we are more than a tech company, we are revolutionising the health care industry, we are committed to delivering powerful work, value and having fun while doing it, we help healthcare commissioners transform patient care through Health Tech.
Serving millions of patients and thousands of healthcare professionals every day we are a leader in mobile health in the UK. Across this network we run campaigns to include the promotion of stopping smoking and childhood immunisation as well as mobile disease management services for people with diabetes, hypertension, epilepsy and HIV. We aim to support patients in achieving longer, healthier lives.
Description of the role
With a rapidly growing customer base and an increasing demand for enhanced functionality we are looking to recruit an experienced software engineer to join our development team, who is passionate about healthcare.
The successful applicant will work within a team that is responsible for extending, maintaining and developing the company’s existing product set on Android phones along with the creation of new complementary products from the ground up.
This includes involvement in areas such as design/development of code, gathering and documenting requirements, testing, configuration control & release/build processes etc.
- For this role you will need solid skills in using Android Studio and programming in Java
- The applicant must have at least two year’s commercial development experience
- The applicant must have a demonstrable track record in the development of Android applications
- You have published an app to the Play Store
- Good design skills (UI, schema, code structure/classes, web services etc)
- Knowledge and experience of efficient coding and defensive programming techniques;
- Good verbal and written English skills.
- Hands-on software development responsibility throughout all phases of product lifecycle
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- Jira and the Agile development methodology
- Experience of the healthcare sector
- BEng/BSc or equivalent qualification in a technical discipline
Highly professional, with the ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules
Self motivated, independent, proactive and able to work effectively in a group
Experience of working with recognised development processes with experience of all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle;
If you have not heard within 2 weeks of application, please presume your application has not been successful
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77399891