We are recruiting a Transportation Systems Architect to assist in the architectural design of large scale air traffic control and management systems and to support major Air Navigation Service providers in their modernization programmes.
The Systems Architect is responsible for providing architecture designs and direction to the systems engineering and design teams.
You will have the following skills:
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Control applications or similar mission critical information systems to enable the development of architectural solutions suitable for use within an Air traffic control or management system
- Systems of systems architecture experience
- Experience of large scale integration programs
- Service Oriented architecture and design
- Experience of Security including design and assurance activities relating to security
- Systems engineering skills including Requirements management
- Model Based Systems Engineering
- Project and programme management including the ability to carry out technical planning of cost and schedule and management of risks and opportunities
- Logistic support including reliability and availability analysis and design for sustainability
- Performance/capacity analytics and modelling
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service operation management
- Experience in Enterprise architecture e.g. TOGAF
- Safety analysis including Failure mode analysis
- Knowledge of systems/service transition
- High level concepts of software engineering
- High level concepts of Integration and Test
- Experience running technical reviews
- Design analysis and trade study experience
- Ability to provide technical leadership both in the designs and the systems engineering technical processes.
Knowledge of current technology trends at system of systems level, available technology products and how to apply these in some or all of the following areas:
- Data Analytics
- Test Automation
- Service management
- Orchestration & Integration
Candidates will be able to demonstrate significant expertise designing, implementing and integrating Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements.
You will have strong problem-solving and triage skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment.
You will also be a:
- Strategic thinker, coupled with a pragmatic hands-on approach to getting the job done
- Quick learner with an in-depth understanding of the capability
You will have:
- Strong design and engineering experience; e.g. Architect, Senior System Engineer and Design Lead roles
- TOGAF or equivalent Architecture certification an advantage
- Strategic consulting experience around transition and transformation, Digital transformation programs
- Ability to self-manage and work independently, work to tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and work with related internal business functions such as commercial, legal and finance.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77384382