System Engineer - Linux,Unix,Windows - Sutton
We are looking to expand our team and bring on a passionate and talented System Engineer. Someone with a passion for tech and who enjoys working withintelligent, bright and motivated individuals in a collaborative environment.
As a system engineer you will perform moderately difficult research, design, and systems engineering assignments and also responds to system management alerts to handle system/operations exceptions, within the assigned enterprise systems of product offerings. Additionally, this position is also responsible for triage change management support.
Solid background of Systems Engineering experience
BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
·Understanding of storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure.
·Program installation and troubleshooting.
·Knowledge of virtual server environments and thin client.
·Knowledge of scripts for automation.
·Understanding of system and problem management tools.
·Good oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of major system components in completing assigned tasks (i.e., storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure).
• Diagnose problems with application programs, common system, or systematic questioning techniques.
• Configure controls; install or troubleshoot programs within multiple system environments.
• Provide prompt recovery and problem escalation for the exceptions, extrapolating and integrating information within defined boundaries, using multiple system management and problem management tools.
• Partner closely with development groups, support groups, and vendors to coordinate special operations, and communicate/escalate problems as appropriate to meet assigned deadlines.
• Assist in daily support of the systems/products assigned, through early detection and pursuit or changes in system responses or operation.
• Work closely with support groups to refine system monitoring and reporting, and to assist them in their analysis and problem recovery.
• Apply problem-solving skills in multiple operating environments to support assignments involving the execution of a series of related tasks.
• Demonstrate knowledge of system components in completing assigned tasks (i.e., storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure).
• Diagnose system performance problems.
• Perform online system functions to assist with tasks encountered in execution of daily responsibilities such as utility functions and editing of files.
• Develop lists/scripts for execution of commonly used processes and automation of simple tasks.
• Proper implementation of team changes and service requests.
• Proper creation, execution, documentation, and closure of tasks, changes, and requests.
This position requires On-Call rotation for off peak hours
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government predict, assess and manage risk. We provide products and services that address evolving client needs in the risk sector while upholding the highest standards of security and privacy. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of RELX (FTSE 100) a leading publisher and information provider that serves customers in more than 100 countries with more than 30,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77385502