Food Retail - Head of Consumer PR & Social
My client is a national food retailer based in Cheshire who is looking to appoint a new Head of Consumer PR & Social.
They are looking for a seasoned public relations professional and inspirational manager to help reposition PR and social media within the company. Using a strategic force to build brand profile, lead its growing consumer PR team and social team, and ensure an excellent day-to-day working relationship with its external PR agency.
The role requires an individual who:
- Has senior-level experience of consumer PR and social media, preferably in the retail and/or food sector (a minimum of five years’ experience at Account Director level or equivalent)
- Demonstrates highly developed problem-solving, negotiation, interpersonal, budgetary, analytical, presentational and writing skills
- Is a confident, effective and motivational team leader
- Is able to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues at all levels across the business
- Is comfortable working in a high pressured, fast and agile business environment, including direct contact with board members
- Contributes to strategic planning as well as tactical and creative campaign development
- Demonstrates strong media relations experience and skills
- Applies sound judgement and makes quick decisions that will impact positively on the company’s brand.
Specific tasks include:
- Ensuring that consumer PR and social activity contributes to the wider brand and marketing strategy for the business
- Integrating PR and social within a multi-channel approach
- Generating ideas and making team members feel comfortable and confident at suggesting new ideas.
- Working collaboratively with the Corporate Affairs Director to ensure that corporate and consumer PR activity is aligned within a wider strategy and activity plan
- Liaising closely with the HR team to align internal communications with PR
- Providing daily leadership, direction and guidance to the Consumer PR Team and Social Team, ensuring a consistently high quality of work
- Ensuring a strong and positive relationship between the in-house team and the external PR agency
- Managing the agency relationship on a day-to-day basis, providing comprehensive briefs to the joint team with clear guidelines, expectations and guidelines
- Developing and managing strong relationships internally
- Ensuring that the product sampling process is fit for purpose
- Managing budgets
- Reporting outcomes and associated KPIs to the Marketing Director and Board.
For more information and to register with Black Cherry recruitment, please contact Helen Salt on Helen@blackcherryrecruitment.co.uk or 0161 228 7239 – for all roles check out www.blackcherryrecruitment.co.uk.