My client requires hands-on leadership of the IT Function comprising responsibility for all IT helpdesk, Infrastructure, Systems Development and Management Information activities within a busy, 24x7 organisation.
The IT Manager is regularly engaged in partnering with departments across the business in order to deliver IT solutions (which could be developed, purchased, cloud, co-located or on-premise) that reduce variability within the cycle, increase productivity, automate, add functionality and/or provide excellent visibility of data.
The IT Manager must ensure the upkeep of the IT systems by coordinating the maintenance and housekeeping of IT assets in line with company policy.
The IT Manager must align IT policies and procedures with objectives in areas such as Disaster Recovery planning and strive to maintain critical systems to > 99.9% uptime.
Management of the local IT staff as well as managing the supplier, contractor and IT service provider relationships is also a significant part of the role. There is regular engagement with both suppliers and customers of the wider business on projects that help integrate the supply chain (such as traceability, barcoding and EDI).ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Organise staff, projects, and daily activities with the constant, intense focus on maximising value to the organisation.
• Ensure 100% compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Company Policies.
• Engage with all levels of the business to perform detailed requirement analysis of project requests. Take that understanding and draft detailed technical specifications ranging from simple, approved changes through to complex specifications for review and acceptance before development begins.
• Maintaining a positive relationship with all business departments and ensuring end user satisfaction with the timely resolution and correct prioritization of IT helpdesk tickets.
• Lead the IT team of helpdesk, system admin and development staff by ensuring proactive approach to IT while driving the correct priorities needed, providing regular performance feedback including formal reviews and driving for continuous improvement of the IT department.
• IT Lead on ERP related projects, working with various departments to develop and maintain the system in order meet business needs.
• Responsiblity for monitoring, upgrading and maintaining many systems in use in the business to include network equipment, storage (SAN), telephone systems, bespoke applications, engineering systems, access control systems, printers, workstations and other IT equipment.
• Analyse requests quickly, performing cost-benefit analysis on those requests and providing realistic timelines based on current workload and resource availability.
• Active participation in staff meetings and key line walks to understand current business needs and recommend solutions.
• Responsible for upgrading, testing and maintaining the disaster recovery plan.
• Design, plan, develop and implementation of upgrades to legacy applications and systems.
Ensure 100% compliance to corporate implementation policies.
• Evaluate and implements IT procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency and cost containment.
• IT Lead on projects and multiple audits (SOX, Corporate Standards, Implementations).
• Manage and drive IT vendors to keep costs low and keep lead-times down for both services and purchases.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
•Bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher) in an IT related subject.
•Experience with Prince 2 or a similar project management toolset.
•Understanding of best practice IT Frameworks such as ITIL.
•Extensive experience of managing IT systems within a heavily virtualized VMWare and Wintel estate.
•Minimum of 7 years’ experience in IT with at least 3 years’ experience in an IT Management role.
•Experience managing a complex ERP system within the context of a high availability environment.
•Extensive business experience, with knowledge of business cycles, preferably in a fast paced environment.
•Highly motivated and driven.
•Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
•Must be a team player with a strong customer orientation.
•Ability to think strategically and plan over a multi-year time span.
•Ability to successfully manage many issues/projects simultaneously.
•Experience managing costs and budget preparation including software and hardware maintenance, supplies inventory, vendor relationship and licensing.
•Demonstrated ‘can do’ drive and attitude.
This is an urgent requirement so please apply immediately as interviews will be taking place soon.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77368897