Electronics Design Engineer
This leading gas detection company specialises in the design, development and manufacture of innovative gas sensors and detectors. Due to continued growth and completion of building a state of the art facility they have an exciting position for an Electronic Design Engineer to join their highly motivated team in South Cambridgeshire.
- Designing to global intrinsic safety standards
- Designing low noise dc analogue and digital electronic circuits
- Testing and evaluating theoretical designs (Prototype and simulation)
- Hardware trouble shooting and fault finding
- Alter and modify existing designs to meet new requirements and eliminate malfunctions
- Assembling/working on prototype circuits down to using 0402 sized components and DFN type packages.
- Supporting the supply of new / obsolete parts.
- Assimilating a number of different tasks prioritising them and executing them in order.
- Working in an ISO9001 environment.
Due to the hands-on nature of the position they seek candidates possessing extensive and recent experience in the following areas:
- Analogue design experience
- Digital design experience
- Hands on experience with various components involved in Signal Chain - Opamps, Analog filtering, ADCs, DACs, Multiplexers, Microcontrollers, USB, RS485, Voltage Regulation,
- Have experience and/or understanding of designing Intrinsically Safe circuits for potentially explosive environments
- Proven PCB design experience on multilayer boards. At least 2 layers, 4 layers preferable
- Possess digital design skills in Logic circuits
- Have knowledge and experience of EMC testing.
- Able to generate documentation to follow ISO9000 quality systems.
- Have soldering skills for modern surface mount components
- Able to read and competently understand an engineering drawing.
- Soldering Through hole and Surface Mount Components down to 0402 packages
- Possess practical hands-on fault-finding skills down to component level. (Soldering iron, rework station usage
- Able to safely use basic mechanical tools (Pillar drills, Handtools etc)
- Able to write software specifications
- Competent with MS office tools.
- Have experience of designing for a batch production environment
- Have an appreciation of the economics of production
- Have pneumatic experience and system concept appreciation
- Have experience of designing for handheld applications / low power / Battery supported circuits.
- Have experience of Analogue Design to sub-pA signal currents at low voltages
- Have microcontroller based digital design skills in MSP430 or ATMEL M4 core series