Systems Accounting Manager
The Systems Accounting Manager will be responsible for resolving system issues, performing reconciliations of the key control accounts and lead in ensuring the smooth integration between supporting systems and the general ledger on a regular basis.
Well-known, large electronics organisation based in city centre who are growing massively creating further opportunities for high achieving individuals to join a prestigious brand.
- Lead the system accounts processes ensuring appropriate cover when absences occur within the team
- Complete monthly checks to ensure data integrity is maintained.
- Reconcile and report on the balance sheet areas within the system's control accounts.
- Interrogate anomalies within the GL and provide relevant data to assist in rectifying issues (system corrections)
- Advise other areas on the automated system postings and their anomalies.
- Import and export data from systems, extract high volumes of computer data, prepare system/technical data for management review. This includes responsibility for the preparation, integrity and filing of the monthly and quarterly, HMRC returns, Intrastat, EC Sales, VAT and the management of key system and process dependencies such as month and year end procedures.
- Assist with aspects of the Company accounting on financial systems that are undertaken looked after by Management Accounts, including, as required, preparing and ensuring that key systems reconciliations are performed on a daily/monthly basis.
- Maintain the nominal ledger chart of accounts within the financial system and the standardised reporting of cost centres by making amendments to all accounting dimensions, as required by customers and to improve control and efficiency.
- Support system reporting requirements, including access rights. For example, identifying and linking new product lines with correct product codes and building into the financial system with product specifications.
- Ensure all interfaces between the core finance systems and feeders systems are maintained and that the impact of any changes are communicated to manager.
- Advise Manager of identified risks and issues, the appropriate action to take and then follow through actions to completion.
Identify finance training requirements (skills and knowledge) related to ongoing issues caused by lack of understanding as to how the finance systems work, how they integrate to the feeder system and where to find information e.g. costs.
- Qualified accountant with 2 years' experience of finance. Must have excellent core/transactional accounting knowledge and be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of double entry accounting
- Must have extensive systems accounting experience including maintaining the parameters of tailored accounting systems (e.g. Purchase Ledger/Sales Ledger/General Ledger) that ensure the systems work correctly and that transactions flow in and out of the right boxes.
- Understands how stock, purchases etc feed through to the General Ledger and has used integrated systems that feed this information through. If some of these have been bespoke "work arounds" this would be very useful.
Ideally some experience of process alignment, systems implementation and the development of a consolidation structure. Also helps to have a keen interest in systems development and MI reporting.
Although not essential, the following would be directly relevant to the role:
- Technically minded with an In-depth working knowledge and understanding of accounting/finance processes and procedures. Must be comfortable with a process oriented, technology focused role.
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables and V-Look Ups, Ifs, Macros) and IT related skills.
- Excellent process mapping skills.
- Able to analyse large volumes of data to provide assurance that processing systems provide accurate and complete accounting records.
- Ability to communicate and influence cross functionally and with non-finance colleagues, establishing and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Able to work as part of a team but also independently, using their own initiative where appropriate.
- Resourceful, detail oriented and highly organised.
- Ensure that queries are resolved efficiently, effectively and as speedily as possible. Produce requested information, reports and statistics as required for management.
Systems Accounting Manager
£35,000 - £45,000 + Healthcare + Pension