Computeractive, Deputy Editor
Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
The UK’s biggest technology magazine is looking for an outstanding Deputy Editor who has the pride, vision and dedication to produce exceptional features every fortnight.
It is the second-biggest subscription magazine in Dennis Publishing, and the number one at newsstand. Backed by significant investment from Dennis, Computeractive is in a great position to continue its market-leading domination of the technology sector.
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for someone who cares passionately about the written word.
- Commission, write and edit in-depth, well-researched articles, not 50-word snippets online that are instantly forgotten.
- Think quality, not quantity - print journalism that people will pay to read, not clickbait headlines that are free on the web.
- Computeractive readers pore over every word in every issue. They keep features for future reference because they trust our advice and respect our integrity. Your well-crafted words will find a willing audience.
- It is a huge audience. What you write will be read by up to over 80,000 people every fortnight. You will be writing for the mainstream, so you need a keen populist touch.
Who are we looking for?
- You should have an interest in computing and technology
- You know how to turn complicated technical jargon into copy that’s easy to understand. Our readers will rely on your jargon-busting expertise.
- Highly creative and up for a challenge? Every fortnight you’ll be helping the editor with the cover, suggesting killer lines to make each issue fly off the shelves.
If you want to play a leading role in our success story, please get in touch - click 'Apply' now.
We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please click 'Apply' now.