Accounts Assistant - Northampton c£18K - £23K
Opportunity for an AAT / ACCA studier or AAT qualified to join a small firm of accountants with ambitious plans for future expansion. The role will involve providing outsourced services of bookkeeping, payroll and management accounts to a varied client base and also being involved with the preparation of year end accounts.
The firm is flexible on the level of experience required as training and support will be provided but bookkeeping and experience in preparing management accounts is required. The firm will also consider applicants with Practice or industry experience.
Study support will be provided for AAT and ACCA exams.
Summary of role
· Assisting with the provision of Processing of accounting transactions on behalf of clients
· Maintaining up to date accounting reconciliations on behalf of clients.
· Producing regular accounting information to clients.
· Sales ledger – raise & process sales invoices, process receipts and operate an efficient & effective credit control service, as appropriate
· Purchase ledger – verify purchase invoices with orders, reconcile against supplier statements & prepare payment schedules, where applicable
· Bank – Maintain an up to date cash book and reconcile against bank statements on an agreed periodic basis
· Petty Cash – Process a summary of transactions and reconcile on a monthly basis
· Expenses – Process employee claims and arrange reimbursement
· Payroll – Provide an efficient payroll service including updating employee details, as required, processing variable data and organising payment runs, as appropriate.
· Nominal ledger – processing regular and ad hoc journals, including accruals, depreciation, etc., as required, and reconciling all accounts on a monthly basis.
· VAT – Prepare & submit periodic returns.
Summary of skills and experience required
· Qualified or nearly qualified AAT or qualified by experience.
· Experience of working in a finance / accounts environment
· An aptitude for figures and a good attention to detail.
· Capable of meeting strict deadlines.
· Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
· Able to communicate professionally & efficiently with clients and their customers & suppliers.
· Good IT skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting system experience.