The role of a paralegal is to undertake a variety of data gathering, information recording and scheduling activities. The Paralegal will work on behalf of a fee earner, to facilitate the rapid settlement of cases and the closure of files.
• Update the computer system (Tracker) with file details, diary records, court applications and general activity to ensure accurate recording of activity and allow progress tracking.
• Follow up on outstanding instructions and other actions to ensure that responses are received within required timescales.
• Schedule telephone hearings to progress case activity and work towards settlement.
• Liaise with the Court re applications and chase all court applications as necessary to support the fee earner.
• Undertake minor queries on liability, indemnity and quantum, to provide the fee earner with basic information.
• Undertake ad hoc duties to support Fee Earners and the team as required.
• To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.
Essential Skills & Attributes
• Experience of working in a legal environment is desirable
• IT Literate
• Experience negotiating and influencing 3rd parties to obtain information
• Attention to detail
• Ability to organise and prioritise according to workload and timescales
What You Can Expect From Us
•A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
•Excellent flexible benefits including Annual leave entitlement and Healthcare Cash Plan as standard
Standard 35 hour week plus the option to work from home –
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation
Strictly no agencies please