Legal Cashier Team Manager
Keoghs is one of the leading providers of claims-related services to insurers, businesses and other suppliers to the insurance sector. We combine proven processes, technology and a low cost infrastructure with deep legal and insurance market knowledge. This enables us to create individual solutions for each of our clients that match their requirements in terms of quality, performance and value for money.
Keoghs is looking to appoint an experienced legal cashier to lead and develop their busy legal cashiering team.
The role is responsible for leading the Bolton based cashiering team who provide a full legal cashiering service for the LLP together with the Liverpool based Imprest team.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and will have had previous experience of managing and developing a team.
• To ensure processes are in place to enable the legal cashiering team to efficiently comply with SRA regulations for all transactions they process. To continually review these processes and identify and implement improvements.
• To manage and motivate the Legal Cashiers team and to assign them clear objectives and perform regular reviews against them.
• To regularly review the various roles within the team and to ensure there is cover for all areas and that all team members are offered support to develop their roles.
• To be the key contact for Fee Earners and identify any improvements in internal processes providing training and support when needed.
• To review client balances on a regular basis and to work with the Fee Earners to ensure they are cleared where possible. To ensure bank reconciliations are completed accurately and to deadline.
• To maintain the internal breach register and ensure that any breaches are documented and investigated thoroughly.
• To be the key contact for the SRA audit ensuring that the audit team have all the necessary information and their queries are all answered.
• To assist the Head of Finance Operations as required
Essential Skills & Attributes
• At least 5 years' experience of working as a Legal Cashier with a detailed knowledge of SARs
• Previous experience of managing a busy team.
• Excellent communication & organisational skills
• Experience of working in a high volume finance department is preferable
What You Can Expect From Us
•A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
•Excellent flexible benefits including Annual leave entitlement and Healthcare Cash Plan as standard
Standard 35 hour week plus the option to work from home –
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation
Strictly no agencies please