Finance Business Partner
A Global Construction Organisation are looking for a Finance Business Partner to join the business at their office in Exeter. This is a newly created role and a fantastic opportunity to join a growing area of the business in the South West.
Global Construction Organisation, who continue to grow and succeed. This is a highly commercial role where you will work as the Lead Senior Accountant in the South West, reporting into the Financial Controller who is based nationally. You will be the Finance Business Partner to the Senior Operational team in Exeter.
You will act as a Finance Business Partner to the Senior Management teams providing support, guidance and commercial challenge across the projects.
As the Senior Accountant for the South West region you will:
- Develop detailed knowledge of contracts and represent the finance function in monthly forecast and reporting reviews with Senior Management and contract teams.
- Provide decision-driving analysis to leverage opportunities and mitigate risk
- Management of regional finance teams located in Exeter and Somerset, and responsibility for staff development
- Responsibility for driving standardisation across finance processes within the region
- Ensure costing and system reconciliations are accurate to facilitate timely client billing
- Responsibility for contract balance sheet reconciliations including standard costing, payroll control, WIP, VAT and Stock valuation.
- Ownership of contract's monthly cash forecast process, including implementing positive cash management activities
- Ensure contract results and all supporting documentation is prepared in accordance with accounting policies and delivered to the monthly reporting deadlines.
- Assist the FC in continuous improvement of OU processes by sharing best practice and maintaining strong relationships with counterparts within IS and across other UK operating units
Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organisation
- Ability to deliver results in a complex environment
- Demonstrable experience of business/process improvement
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and IT skills
c£55k-£60k dependant on experience, car allowance, bonus