EY Reconnect – Actuarial Opportunities - London, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham or Scotland
EY Reconnect is our career returner’s programme, providing a bridge for professionals re-entering the workplace after an extended career break. The 12-week programme offers a supported route back into work with induction, coaching and mentoring for talented individuals. You will reconnect with your career, your previous experience and expertise. At the end of the programme, you will be considered for a permanent role with EY.
This is your opportunity to join our Advisory practice as part of the EY Reconnect programme specialising in Actuarial.
Your key responsibilities
Our Global Actuarial Services practice, with over 650 actuarial professionals, ranks in the Top 3 actuarial services practices in the world. By partnering with other practices across EY, we aim to provide truly integrated services across all disciplines in the Insurance and Financial Services industries. Through our deep knowledge of the global insurance industry, local regulatory requirements and our understanding of the industry, we have built a strong reputation as a leading actuary and insurance advisor. Our range of services continues to expand in line with the market and includes providing assistance to clients on:
- The implications of changes in regulation covering the Realistic Balance Sheet, Individual Capital Assessment and Principles and Practices of Financial Management
- Financial reporting including International Accounting Standards, Embedded Values (traditional and enhanced), UK MSSB and USGAAP
- Actuarial aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Reinsurance and capital management
- Economic Value Management
For you, this offers a huge variety of challenges and the opportunity to make a serious impact on our clients’ businesses – and your own career.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A passion for client service
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations
- High level of drive and commitment to achieving solutions
To qualify for the role you must have
- Previous Actuarial experience in any capacity or specialism
General Insurance, Life Insurance, Pensions or Investments Actual experience
- A fresh perspective for every challenge, offering objective advice and fresh insights to help our clients make their business better
- Experience developing industry profile through client and industry activities ideally including business development
- Strong academic record including a degree or equivalent
- Professional actuarial qualification or working towards one is highly desirable
- Project management experience
To be eligible for EY Reconnect, you will need to have:
- Taken a career break of between 2 & 10 years
- A background in professional services or relevant industry sector
- Availability to join the 12 week programme from end of January 2018
- The right to work in the UK
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- A Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Company, Times Top 50 Employers for Women, Top 10 Employers for Working Families, and a Stonewall Star Performer.
- Well established & thriving networks across the firm.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. #L-IP