Private Client Property Solicitor
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual looking to progress their career, to join our well established Private Client Property Team. The role will be based in the Bath office however may require occasional travel to any of our other locations or off site as client demands require.
The successful candidate will be expected to advise on all areas of residential law and practice, including sales, purchases, re-mortgages and transfers of equity.
There will be a fee income budget (commensurate with your qualification and ability) and an expectation that the person will take responsibility for managing their own workload (subject to overall supervision).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Effectively manage an individual caseload (with supervision where appropriate)Attend to clients of the Firm in the office or elsewhere if needed.
- Work in a collegiate and collaborative way within an immediate Team and wider Firm environment.
- Communicate promptly, effectively and promptly both internally to colleagues and externally to clients and other relevant parties, such as estate agents, mortgage brokers and lenders.
- Maintain your continuing professional development requirements and take an active interest in furthering your knowledge within the field of law.
- To carry out your work for both colleagues and clients to the highest possible standard, having regard to the Firm's standards, procedures and core values.
- To regularly attend, and be involved in preparation for, Team meetings.
- To attend and be involved in preparation for marketing and business development events and activities.
- Familiarising yourself with the Office manual and the firm's procedures
- To meet time recording requirements To attain income budget
The successful candidate will be a qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive and will have trained within a well-regarded City or regional practice. Guidance and direction is available from more senior members of the Team on more complex matters. It is encouraged that employees take ownership and responsibility for work, at increasing levels of significance in order to progress their position over time within the Team and the Firm.
The successful candidate must be prepared to work beyond standard office hours in order to meet deadlines where necessary.
Our environment is positive and supportive but often highly pressurised due to external deadlines and volume of work. We need someone that is pro-active and able to manage potential pressure.
We are committed to recruiting talented individuals and providing our clients with outstanding legal service and so excellent academics along with sound previous experience are a must have.
The candidate should be well-organised, technologically proficient and capable of working on their own or within a team. They will also be required where necessary to provide supervision to more junior members of the team.
We operate within an environment of mutual trust and respects and so the ability to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned, will be important.
The post-holder will report on a day-to-day basis to Jo Boyle, Team Manager, and overall to Amanda Watts as the Partner heading the team. The role will be based in the Bath office but will be required to liaise frequently with London colleagues.
Working hours – 9.00am - 5.30pm.