IT Infrastructure Engineer-Windows Server/VMWare
IT Infrastructure Engineer - Windows Server/VMWare
Location: Funtington, nearChichester, West Sussex
Hours: 8.30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Salary: c£35,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Are you looking to move into a corporate environment with a growing organisation?
Do you crave the autonomy that comes with working for an in-house IT team?
Would you like the opportunity to make improvements to a business and work with emerging technologies?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior Systems Engineer to join the IT team at CEGA to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. CEGA is operational 24/7/365 and offers services with strict service level agreements at multiple locations.
It is important that you have experience of supporting a similar sized environment of 500 plus users across multiple locations.
This role will be a mixture of BAU whilst working concurrently on multiple projects simultaneously. This is a very "hands-on" role and you will be an escalation point for complex technical issues.
As well as providing technical management of server hardware and software, including back-up and disaster recovery, you will be expected to take part in the IT Support call roster.
- Provide infrastructure support on all server and system related issues
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
Experience & Skills:
We are looking for a competent 3rd Line Systems Engineer, there are also further opportunities to progress towards a leadership role; experience of being a team leader would therefore be an advantage.
We'd like you to take great pride in delivering a fantastic service to your internal customers; you will be comfortable managing your workload and be an excellent communicator both with your customers and amongst your team - ensuring a cohesive environment that promotes the success of everyone.
At least two or more of the following technical requirements:
- Microsoft Certified
- VMware certified
- Experience with installing and supporting the following is essential: Windows 2008/2012/2016, Exchange 2010 and higher, VMware vSphere, SQL Server (SQL and T-SQL), strong IP networking
- Experience of working with the following: HP Server/SAN, Firewall administration, MS Dynamics CRM, Datacentre infrastructures, telephony support (VoIP, CTI), Mimecast, Veeam, Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix NetScaler
We offer a great benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive training and development
- Free parking or mini-bus pick up service (to and from Chichester train station)
- Free annual travel insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Salary supplements for using an additional language
- 28 days holiday a year (inc. bank holidays)
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully equipped on site gym, on site tennis court and other social club facilities
Agencies: We are fortunate enough to receive some really great direct applications, so at this time we will not be engaging or accepting any unsolicited CV's from agencies.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77345178