Solicitor NQ - Injury
Reporting to the team supervisor
• Act as a point of contact for clients in relation to Scottish claims arising from road traffic accidents, demonstrating an in-depth level of knowledge and skill.
• To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of the high volume litigated motor cases, in strict adherence to the Service Level Agreement(s) entered into with the Insurer clients
As part of the fee earning aspect of this role, candidates are expected to:
• Handle a varied caseload of litigated work covering the above types of claim with an appropriate level of supervision.
• Be responsible for managing all financial aspects of his/her caseload, including billing, WIP and debt management and accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information.
• Ensure strict and ongoing adherence to benchmark standards in all work undertaken.
• To hit, maintain and apply a consistent approach to all individual targets of chargeable time, financial performance, realisation rates, settlement rates and average claim spend.
• Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
• Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
• Be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
Support marketing and business development activity on behalf of the Motor team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
• An enthusiastic Solicitor with knowledge of and demonstrable interest in motor PI and non PI related claims resolution / litigation. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in this area of work.
A defender background/experience is preferable but not essential.
• IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Experience of working within a pressurised and deadline driven environment with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
• Outstanding eye for detail.
• Confident oral and written communication skills / Confident negotiator and communicator.
• Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
DAC Beachcroft Scotland specialises in insurance litigation, dispute resolution, and Real Estate.
From our offices in Glasgow and Edinburgh the team extends the reach of the firm into the Scottish jurisdiction, offering seamless cross-border services for our clients in the UK. We offer clients deep local market knowledge in Scotland backed by full national and international support from across the firm.
DAC Beachcroft Scotland is acknowledged in Chambers and Legal 500 as being at the forefront of insurance advice in Scotland. The insurance litigation and dispute resolution department is one of the largest in the country.
The quality of our staff means we offer a breadth and depth of knowledge in our practice areas. We place high importance on integrity and professionalism, always working with clients to provide quality services and bespoke solutions.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.