Assistant Finance Manager – Slough – Permanent - £40k-£48k
Exceptional opportunity to join a global brand based in Slough for a Finance Manager. The role will be responsible for local, Group and statutory reporting. Responsibilities include: balance sheet management, management of data from multiple core applications, inter-company reporting, line management. The position requires extensive liaison with Group Finance, local taxation service providers, Compliance, Internal Audit and the external audit team.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of results to Group, local management, Companies House and legislative bodies.
- Balance sheet management: responsible for the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process. Quarterly reporting and monitoring of balance sheet status to the local Compliance and Risk and Control teams and Group.
- Responsible for the management, motivation and on-going development of one team member.
- Extensive intercompany and related party reporting: ensure full monthly reconciliation and confirmation of all intercompany and related party balances.
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial reporting and MI.
- Systems management and development: ability to trouble shoot/remediate and identify opportunities for systems enhancement
- Management and co-ordination of corporation tax and VAT reporting via Group Services providers; provision of all requested information to facilitate timely and accurate reporting, respond to HMRC queries as required.
- Treasury: liaise with the Treasury Manager and loan providers to ensure adequate levels of loan finance on a monthly basis.
- Internal control and 1st level controls (self-audit) reporting: ensures compliance with internal reporting requirements.
- Process improvement: drives process improvement within the Finance team and broader FCA business where appropriate. Continually identifies opportunities for improvement: manages relevant initiatives, monitors and works collaboratively.
- Graduate and finalist/qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- At least 3 years’ experience in a relevant Finance/Accountancy role
- Essential: advanced Microsoft Excel and the ability to manage significant volumes of data; Business Objects experience is desirable
- Strong communication/presentation skills. Able to adapt and adjust to different audiences as required.
- Inquisitive mind to stimulate the natural disposition for quantitative analysis, is self-motivated, pro-active and demonstrates initiative
- Strong logic and determination support the practical approach to multidimensional problem solving
- Shares openly ideas and opinions and is not afraid to lead change in the environment as well as adjusting to it
- Good team player
- Resilient and able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
For additional information, please apply or send your CV and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org