Clearbox, Senior PR Manager
If you’re a super-ambitious Senior PR Manager who’s organised, influential and up for a challenge then we need to talk.
You’re a process junkie with a strong eye for detail that’s got an enviable contacts book of Irish media. You want to help play a pivotal role in growing an agency where there is no limit to what you can achieve.
If this is you, then you need to get in touch with us because Clearbox is looking for an exceptional Senior PR Manager to join our team in Belfast.
The Senior PR Manager will take a leading role for growing and developing accounts with key Clearbox clients such as Bushmills Irish Whiskey, Sony Mobile, MCL Insurance Services and Morelli’s Ice Cream as well as working closely with the Amazon UK team to provide support as and when required.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior PR Manager at Clearbox, you will lead teams and proactively manage individual client accounts to the highest standard without supervision.
You should be a capable and confident operator with a strategic mind-set who has a thorough understanding of the required media and communication skills and be fully in control of the tools available to create required media and social coverage in all areas.
You will work with the consumer team to plan and carry out the execution of strategies and activities, ensuring that programmes and objectives are being adhered to, and that accounts are well organised.
A commitment to the job is a must and willingness to undertake travel to fulfil the requirements of the role is essential.
- Lead on major accounts and manage client activities including research, planning, implementation and evaluation of campaigns, and paying careful attention to budgets, resources, deadlines and client records.
- Act as a respected and trusted advisor to clients
- Work with the Managing Director and Associate Director to lead the account handling teams across all clients
- Combining creativity with knowledge of the media to recognise media angles and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum.
- Monitoring news agenda and updating clients on emerging news, where relevant.
- Researching and writing client communication strategies.
- Researching and writing press releases, copy for brochures, leaflets and web copy.
- Liaising with clients and act as key point of contact in support of senior consultants.
- Leading client meetings and producing contact reports.
- Selling ideas, promotions and features to clients and media.
- Maintaining accurate records and files of all activities including time sheets.
- Maintaining agreed client activity and budgets and alert the Account Director to any budget overspend/underspend.
- Identifying, developing and supporting new business opportunities, including proposal writing.
- Ensuring all work is completed on time and within budget.
- Ensuring accurate invoicing for all clients.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by Directors.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in a PR role (agency experience preferable)
- Be able to demonstrate past success in the delivery of high quality media coverage
- Experience managing a team
- Fully capable of writing all day-to-day written material for client including press releases, features, statements, Q&As, speeches, presentations, award entries etc.
- Responsible for all campaign evaluation reports, both monthly and annual, for existing clients, and developing, structuring and writing creative annual plans.
- Writing first stage creative new business proposals.
- Complete understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate - the opportunities available and building relationships with journalists etc.
- Planning and driving the media relations programme for all clients as laid out in the agreed programme of activity.
- Pro-actively seeking and identifying publicity opportunities to ensure that the maximum level of coverage is achieved for your client, project etc.
- Overseeing the management and organisation of events ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients.
- Commissioning and analysing research including surveys and focus groups, and leading the media roll-out to achieve maximum coverage.
- Proactively looking for opportunities to grow the media horizons of the client.
- Lead on advising on media handling including interview briefings, developing Q&As, exclusives, embargoes and damage limitations.
- Alert clients to PR risk or opportunities presented by broader areas of corporate responsibility, e.g.: employment practices, health and safety at work.
- Select and develop sponsorships and celebrity endorsements including planning, contractual agreements and activity organisation.
- Liaising with directors on strategic issues and media handling issues, including crisis management and advising client as appropriate.
- To lead meetings. Ensuring that preparation for the meeting is well organised and that company directors are fully briefed on meeting contents.
- Taking a leading role in presentations to existing client and at new business pitches.
- Lead new business brainstorms and have a creative input in all new business pitches within group.
- Play a leader in the team and take full responsibility for your clients and any problems.
- Proof read all written material.
- Implement and supervise progress of PR campaigns, including delivery against KPIs.
- Start to understand all budgeting procedures and have complete financial control on all clients, projects etc. including mark-up rules and managing job-bags to ensure that all rechargeable items are included.
- Use relevant business contacts to ‘added value’ to client programmes.
- Brief designers, photographers, printers in a knowledgeable and precise manner, negotiate costs etc., and manage quality control deadline problems etc.
- 20 paid days leave
- 10 public / bank holidays
- Parent Package / Inspiration Package / Volunteer Package
- Paid day off on your birthday
- 6 Work From Anywhere (WFA) days per year
- Individual budget to organise a fun event for you and the team
- A company mobile phone
Apply by completing the application form below.
Closing date: 14 November at 5pm