Asthma UK, Multimedia Producer
- Are you an experienced Multimedia Producer, looking for your next challenge?
- Are you interested in working for a digital leading and constantly evolving organisation?
- Are you creative, organised and a great team player?
What we do at Asthma UK really matters. The better, deeper and longer relationship we have with people with asthma and their long-term condition, the more lives we save. It’s that simple. Through this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real difference on a massive scale for the one in five households affected by asthma.
We’re looking for a Multimedia Producer to help us take our customer journeys to the next level by making them visually engaging, simple and easy to action for people with asthma.
The ideal candidate will be confident producing video and graphics to a consistently high level, but also looking to manage bigger multimedia projects that won’t always involve being behind the camera. Experience writing clear and compelling briefs and following (and developing) quality assurance measures is key.
You’ll need to be organised enough to manage our growing database of assets, and have a diplomatic and collaborative approach while maintaining confidence in your own expertise.
The whole content team is being upskilled in video production – so as the only Multimedia Producer at Asthma UK, part of your role will be to build our confidence and help us get organised so we can produce a larger volume of visual content.
If you’ve worked in a health information environment before and have experience of managing a YouTube channel, it would be an advantage. You’ll also need to be resilient and capable of taking feedback and balancing competing requirements and views.
The content team runs an internal Content Studio and you would also be expected to take a role in producing and managing content projects to a high standard for other teams in the organisation.
If that sounds like you and you want to bring your insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference, namely stopping asthma attacks and curing asthma, this is the role for you.
A show reel is a must – we cannot consider your application without one.
We are committed to supplying the best possible experience to those who can benefit from our support, then translating this experience into financial support so we can continue to save lives. Our board and senior team are externally recognised for their commitment to digital innovation in achieving our mission.
What the role involves:
- Producing engaging video and graphics for a range of platforms and audiences, including people with asthma, our supporters and policy makers
- Managing our asset database
- Training and supporting the whole content team to improve their multimedia skills
- Managing content development projects for our in-house Content Studio
- Working with a wide range of people, including our in-house nurses, case studies, scientists and researchers
- Producing work that is on-brand, clinically accurate and engaging
- Helping us develop and grow our YouTube channel
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we’re a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. We offer substantial benefits, including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a high-performance culture, Asthma UK is a great place to work, with excellent opportunities for development.
For more information and to apply please visit the Asthma UK website or click on the Apply link now!
Application closing date: 8am on Tuesday 14 November 2017.
First interview: 21 and 23 November 2017.
Second interviews on 30 November 2017.