BrandContent, Editor (Cardiff or London)
Editor to join creative content marketing agency
BrandContent is a creative content marketing and PR agency and we’re expanding. We’re award-winning with an impressive client list and a brilliant team. We’re looking for an editor to join us taking responsibility for new account wins.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Head of Content and Social, you’ll be responsible for two key financial services clients as well as getting involved in projects across both B2B and B2C.
You’ll be an experienced Editor responsible for the creation of clients editorial content and for setting content strategies and editorial direction for clients.
You’ll also manage and commission freelancers when relevant, build and manage content calendars across all content types from news and feature content, case studies, Q&As, buyer guides, FAQs as well as bespoke content for social media campaigns.
The Editor will also be responsible for day-to-day client management and reporting as well as producing content across multiple platforms for brands. The editor will also play a key role in our digital and PR campaigns inputting expertise where required.
Example day-to-day responsibilities:
- Plan, research and write top-quality content for the brands you are responsible for
- Creating Tone of Voice and customer personas for clients
- Creating content gap analysis
- Assist in defining brands content strategy and be responsible for the content plans for your client portfolio
- Responsible for weekly and monthly client reporting and content performance
- Take part in regular national client-facing meetings (UK travel required)
- Sub-edit copy for accuracy and style and know how to make content really shine
- Direct photo and video shoots where required and artwork/imagery/graphics and attend content-led events
- Ensure editorial traffic and content volume targets are met
- Manage brand social channels where applicable and amplification through paid social
- Ensure we are engaging with client audiences in the best possible way
- Responsible for being ahead of the curve with tools/platforms changes/best practice and industry innovation
- Ability to work under pressure and react quickly, producing engaging content to deadline
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Brilliant team player and a can-do positive attitude
Who you are
- An editorial background with experience in financial services
- A good understanding of SEO and social media best practice
- Strong knowledge of delivering integrated content across multiple platforms social, apps, web, print
- A network of editorial contacts across a broad spectrum of financial services subject matters is essential
- Be confident presenting to clients and demonstrate excellent leaderships skills
- A minimum of 7 years writing and editing experience
- Excellent writing and sub-editing skills and a nose to sniff out the best angles that dare to be different
- Experience of working agency-side or a client-led editorial/news room environment
- Ambitious, hard-working, enthusiastic, organized, creative and have a can-do attitude!
We are interested in only top performers who are ambitious, driven and want to get ahead and make a real impact in their industry.
For this particular role, we’re looking for an individual with financial services experience, since the role will be closely aligned to one of our key accounts (a financial services client).
What we offer
You’ll get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday + public holidays on top. Pension scheme, bonus, relaxed dress code, £100 wedding vouchers. Friday drinks. A fun and motivating environment where you’ll be able to work at the top of your game without the red tape.
Apply by completing the application form below.