Corporate Tax Manager – Chelmsford
The role is at manager level and will provide the opportunity for the right individual to push towards partnership.
You will be responsible for managing a client portfolio that consists of multinational and large corporate clients with complex tax affairs. You will also work on a range of advisory projects and be expected to take an active role in identifying further revenue streams through regular business development at networking events.
- You will manage a client portfolio and be the main client contact for tax purposes.
- Identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.
- You will manage the assignment in accordance with the firm’s procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including the costs and billing arrangements.
- Prepare and presenting proposals of new work to prospective clients.
- Take a lead role in business development activities.
- Ensure that all clients needs are identified and serviced across all departments by keeping regular contact with other departmental heads in the firm.
- Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Manage staff members effectively ensuring that you take an active part in their development.
- Brief junior staff on the client’s business during planning meetings and supervise and control the completion of work at all times.
- Ensure that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements, and manage compliance work team efficiently.
- CTA / ATII qualified is preferred or equivalent (along with an accounting qualification such as ACA or ACCA).
- Significant experience as a Manager or strong Assistant Manager is required
- Proven experience in client handling and project management
- Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
- Tax experience from a practice background would be a distinct advantage.
- Business development experience and interest in this aspect.