You will Support the Head of Finance and the wider business by analysing data, providing total sector information, preparing and reporting accounts, preparing sector reports, consolidating total sector financials etc.
My client are a global services provider to the energy sector. With a growing emphasis on sustainable energy this is a sector changing at a rapid pace, with more and more emphasis being placed on service providers.
- Support the Head of Finance of the Central Government Sector by analysing data, providing total sector information, preparing and reporting accounts, preparing sector reports, consolidating total sector financials.
- Budgeting and month-end accounting and reporting of the Sector's overheads
- Preparation of the Sector finance review pack, including month end YTD analysis, Best Estimate, commentary, variance analysis, cash, savings initiatives, overheads for the Sector
- Generation of Board and Executive Committee reports and presentations
- Daily cash reporting for the Sector
- Consolidation and presentation of the Sector's annual budget, MTP and annual forecast / rolling forecasts
- Sector Balance Sheet account analysis and management to support profit and cash
- Provide support to the Sector's Finance Business Partners on current priorities and ad-hoc projects and support to modelling of new business opportunities and or changes to existing contracts
- Contribution and input to company-wide finance projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide meaningful and well-presented reports and analysis
- Providing meaningful executive level analysis of business performance
- Working with business areas to improve the forecasting processes
Candidate Profile sought:
- Qualified and 3 years relevant post qualification experience.
- Good financial & commercial acumen
- Ability to analyse complex data with accuracy
- Good communicator and strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and customer service skills
- Excellent planning & administration skills
- Being open to innovation and new ways of working
- Innovative thinking and can do attitude
- Strong IT skills with excellent working knowledge of ERP system e.g SAP
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
This role will pay a very good basic salary of £40-45,000, plus benefits.