Web User, Features Writer
Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
Web User is looking for an exceptional Features Writer to write incisively and entertainingly about the internet and technology.
What will you be doing?
- You must be flexible enough to contribute to different sections of Web User, writing product and app reviews, technical workshops, news stories, practical tips – and much more.
- No two days will be the same. You’ll also have the chance to write prestigious Cover Features, getting your teeth stuck into that fortnight’s main topic.
Who are we looking for?
- Your key strength will be versatility.
- A passion for the internet and computing is essential.
- Technical knowledge will also be extremely advantageous. You should be familiar with operating systems, browsers, smartphones, tablets, software and apps.
- The role would be ideal for a magazine or website journalist with a couple of years’ experience who's ready to accept new challenges and take on greater responsibility.
To apply, please send your CV along with:
- A 90-word review of a new app
- An 90-word review of a new website
- Two technical tips you think our readers need to know abou
We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership. There are also yoga and boot camp classes to get involved in if the gym membership is not enough.
We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to the island of Mustique in the Caribbean.
We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please click 'Apply' now.