Consumer PR Manager - FMCG retailer
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join one of the biggest FMCG retailers as a Consumer PR Manager as the company expands.
With a vision to become the go to destination for everything consumers need, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
They sell a huge range of merchandise, from food and drink, clothing, homeware and electricals, there’s a huge amount to get your teeth stuck into!
The Role – Consumer PR Manager
As the Consumer PR Manager, you’ll be joining a newly formed, creative and fast paced team! Working as the number two to the Head of Brand, you’ll have real opportunity to define how the brand does consumer PR, championing the newly formed division internally and externally.
You’ll be responsible for creating multi-layered communications strategy/consumer PR plans and award-winning PR activations for brand and trade campaigns; working within the business and external PR agencies to bring these ideas to life.
Key Responsibilities of the Consumer PR Manager:
- Be the number two to the Head of Brand Campaigns, helping define how the company does consumer PR and championing this internally
- Build a multi-layered consumer PR plan, aligned to the strategy and UK Marketing Communications calendar to drive a compelling and cohesive brand message
- Manage consumer PR events and activations to agreed budget and timings, at the same time as continually looking for ways to improve and innovate
- Generate coverage and editorial content across media publications, online and offline
- Manage the consumer PR budget and the agency retainer
- Nurture and develop one direct report, training them to be your protégé
- Experienced gained either in house or agency side, FMCG/retail preferred
- A strong network of influencers and media contacts
- Experience of managing large budgets
- Confident, social and unflappable, someone who enjoy working as part of a lively and dynamic team
- Comfortable leading initiatives from early stages through to development and execution
- A salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience
- Annual bonus up to 3.5% of annual salary
- 10% discount off everything in store
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date on jobs and news from the PR industry @CapstoneHill
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Charlotte Bradshaw to discuss in strictest confidence by completing the application form below.
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – London – Sydney – Melbourne