Exciting Financial Controller role, to join a division of a much larger group. All encompassing opportunity with additional responsibility for the IT department.
Our client is one of the world's largest providers of comprehensive metal cutting solutions for both the aeronautical, automotive, power generation, prosthetic industry. The organisation also provides support in the form of a custom tooling facility for their customers bespoke projects. The business is part of a much larger group, present in more than 70 countries and employs nearly 5,000 people, the UK business has a turnover of £25 million.
- To provide leadership and advice regarding all financial matters within the business, including all financial analysis into business planning and performance.
- Responsible for preparation of statutory accounts and to oversee tax computations.
- Oversee all VAT, PAYE and other tax returns.
- Monitor all investments and ensure they are kept within group budgets.
- Oversee funding requirements and ensure treasury reporting and requirements are met.
- Ensure timely and concise presentation of all group accounting reports
- Production of monthly management accounts for the and reporting on a number of pre-determined KPI's around sales, costs, profitability, working capital and productivity.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly and annual forecasting reports, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and reports for Government regulatory agencies.
- Contribute to the achievement of company objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Oversee all accounting procedures and systems used by the Company.
- Review reports and analyse projections of sales and income against actual figures and suggest methods of improving the planning process.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director, assess the long term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income and new product areas.
- Overseeing the preparation and administration of payroll
- Liaison with parent company, auditors and other regulatory bodies.
- You will provide strong leadership and develop the finance team, ensuring best practice is maintained, but at the same time looking for process improvements bearing in mind the digital future.
- You will provide strong leadership and guidance in the day to day aspects of the IT team, ensuring that they are fully engaged with meeting modern business needs.
- Systems development, transfer to a new ERP system M3
- Significant managerial experience
- Proven track record in change management (processes and people)
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- A comprehensive knowledge and experience of accounting practices and policies
- Senior level experience of corporate governance
- Good commercial and business acumen
- Sound IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular strong Excel skills
- An analytical, enquiring mind
- Good problem solving skills
- An ability to rapidly assimilate data and make quick but good business decisions
- Good written skills and command of English
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent numerical ability.
£55,000 - £65,0000 plus pension, bonus of 20%, family health care,