Compliance Manager - This is a senior role reporting directly to the Head of Compliance with broad and in-depth technical regulatory knowledge and experience. Capable of interacting with key senior internal stakeholders and providing day-to-day regulatory advice where required. Is also able to lead complex standalone regulatory projects largely unassisted and see them through to completion. From a regulatory change perspective, is able to clearly articulate the practical consequences of any new regulatory change and assist in formulating a policy response. Provides technical guidance to more junior team members and generally plays a role in developing and mentoring them.
- Facilitate the day to day running of the department by ensuring all business unit queries are promptly dealt with;
- Assist and support the Head of Compliance with implementing the compliance framework and meeting the overall objectives of the department;
- Undertake complex regulatory related project work largely unassisted;
- Advise business units on the practical application of FCA rules and guidance;
- Provide Compliance oversight of the client on-boarding journey and appropriateness assessment requirements and serve as key contact for Marketing and Product;
- Responsible for overall implementation of the Compliance Training Program, overseeing its completion, identifying areas of improvement and formally reporting on its effectiveness.
- Develop relationships with key business management and through pro-active involvement raise the profile of the compliance function;
- Attend and participate in meetings as required and contribute in a proactive manner on a broad range of control issues.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the FCA’s approved persons regime;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of KYC and Anti-Money Laundering legislation and procedures;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of client money (CASS) rules in order to provide (a) oversight of the Treasury function, and (b) assist in the determination of any breaches;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the FCA Financial Promotion rules;
- Good working knowledge of Data Protection issues;
- Participation in the Transaction Reporting Committee and acting as the key Compliance contact;