Owen White & Catlin LLP believe what makes us stand out from the rest of our peers is our commitment to quality, customer service and ensuring we recruit the best people.
We recognise that our staff are our most important asset. As a medium-sized law practice we wish to attract high calibre applicants who want to further their careers in a practice of over 95 staff.
We are looking for a high calibre Residential Conveyancing Solicitor with a minimum of 3-5 year’s PQE. The ideal candidate will be confident managing a complex caseload and have excellent client care and communication skills across all levels.
The role requires sound technical expertise across all aspects of Conveyancing and the undertaking of fee earning work across predominantly residential (both freehold and leasehold) matters, with some limited exposure to commercial property work. A firm but fair approach to advising clients is essential, as well as the ability to work independently and as a member of the office team. The successful Solicitor will play an active role in building and maintaining client relationships and promoting the department’s services to generate new business across the firm.
- Managing a range of property matters from initial instruction through to matter conclusion
- Providing cost estimates to new clients
- Opening files and progressing matters in line with the firm and SRA’s procedures
- Liaising with clients, estate agents, commercial agents, mortgage lenders and Solicitors by telephone, post, e-mail or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction
- Undertaking any additional relevant tasks including dealing with pre-exchange of contract work, title reports, searches, raising enquiries etc.
- Managing post-exchange work and registrations, including completion statements
- Contributing to business development activity and networking events on behalf of the firm
- Providing support to colleagues in the Property department, as required
Should you meet the above criteria and be interested in this role, we look forward to hearing from you.