Solicitor/CILEx 3-10 Years Experience Abuse
This is a great opportunity to work on a high quality caseload for a variety of clients on multi track child sexual abuse claims. The work will include dealing with claims relating to child sexual exploitation as well as historical and non-historical physical and sexual abuse claims.
The abuse team handles sensitive claims on behalf of a range of organisations to include local authorities, charities and private clients. This is a great opportunity to join a busy team and gain experience in an interesting area of work.
Types of Clients:
Types of Cases:
Multi-Track claims valued up to £500,000 both pre-litigation and litigated, covering a range of issues to include consideration and assessment of liability (to include vicarious liability, negligence and non-delegable duty of care), issues of limitation, quantum valuations (to include consideration of psychiatric evidence) and assessing causation.
- UK Qualified Solicitor, Foreign Qualified or CILEX qualified with the relevant experience.
- Strong Academics (2.1 or higher degree) or equivalent.
- Would consider a strong Foreign Qualified Solicitor with the relevant experience.
Experience working in the field of child sexual abuse or child sexual exploitation is preferable. Candidates who have not worked in this field will be considered but should be able to demonstrate that they have worked in a similar niche area and/or that they will be able to quickly adapt to a new and challenging area of law. Civil litigation experience is essential and candidates will be expected to have run their own case-load with minimal supervision.
- Ideally 2-6 years personal injury experience.
- Experience of multi-track claims, catastrophic claims or working within a niche legal area
- Able to run own caseload with some supervision.
- Experience of EL/PL work.
- Ability to apply a forensic approach but also deliver economic solutions.
- To be proactive and take initiative as well as to take instructions.
- Excellent organisations skills are essential.
Kennedys' Firm information:
Kennedys is an international law firm with expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance/reinsurance and liability industries. With over 1,700 people worldwide across 32 offices in the UK and Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America, we have some of the most respected legal minds in their fields.
Please see attached job specification for further information.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.