Fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing Private Equity backed SME as a Financial Controller. This is a broad role and would suit someone with a commercial outlook.
My client is an award winning Private Equity backed SME ,that has shown excellent profits in recent years and is now looking for a Financial Controller to work closely with the MD and CFO as they drive the business forwards through its next phase of growth.
The Key Responsibilities for this Financial Controller role in Merseyside will be;
- Supervision of head office finance function, consisting of 4 staff.
- Preparation of divisional and consolidated management accounting information to include: P and L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and supporting commentary for presentation on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of business KPI's to aid business decisions and growth.
- Provide financial information to PE investors
- Control over accounting for long term contracts
- Review of contracts and challenge of Project Managers
- Work with sales and operations to maximise contract margins
- Ownership of the company's balance sheet.
- Management of the external audit and acting as first point of contact.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with suppliers and customers and ensuring proactive and robust cash management at all times.
- Management of the fixed asset register.
- Preparation of VAT and all other statutory returns.
- Preparation of departmental budgeting and forecasting, whilst supporting management in developing greater financial awareness.
- Management of the organisations financial systems
- Provide financial analysis on potential acquisitions and subsequent integrations.
- Provide financial analysis on new product entering the market.
- Proactively seek cost reductions and best practice across the business.
The successful Financial Controller will be;
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant.
- Strong technical accounting background.
- A successful and stable track record within a developing organisation.
- Ambition and drive to develop their career over the longer term within the business.
- Credibility with senior management and peers.
- Credibility with customers and third party advisors.
- A believer in delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships across a broad spectrum of individuals within the group.
- A strong manager of people.
- Strong IT skills.
- A warm and engaging character.
Excellent basic salary plus bonus and benefits on offer.