Interim Project Accountant
A varied role based around large-scale manufacturing/construction projects. Duties will be split between management accounting, forecasting, contract reviews and more commercial, business partnering aspects.
Our Client are a large, specialist manufacturing company and part of an international Group.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing contracts around a significant programme of installation projects
- Preparation of monthly financial forecasts, including working capital and P & L
- Preparation of annual budgets for this area of the business
- Co-ordination of accurate and timely Management Accounts
- Reporting information internally at both a local and a Group level
- Reporting information externally where relevant to the business area
- Attending senior management meetings to advise on financial aspects relating to this area of the business
- Partnering with non-Finance Business Managers and explaining financial performance whilst also identifying potential opportunities and problems
- Assisting other parts of the business on financial aspects from tender to manufacture to contract extension
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Be available to start ASAP, ideally within one week maximum
- Demonstrate experience of project accounting and successful project delivery
- Ideally demonstrate project accounting experience within a manufacturing environment (engineering, construction or similar will be considered)
- Be a confident communicator able to effectively partner with a range of Finance and non-Finance staff
- Ideally demonstrate experience of adding value quickly in other interim assignments
Our Client is offering the opportunity to join their organisation with an ASAP start date at a competitive day rate. The role is expected to last for between 3-6 months.