Paralegal / Litigation Assistant - EL/PL
Kennedys are on an upwards trajectory and are seeking to recruit a Litigation Assistant for their Chelmsford office in their Liability Division.
This is a great opportunity to work on a quality caseload for a variety of clients. The role will involve you being able to handle a mixed case load of mainly Fast Track EL/PL claims and to assist senior lawyers on larger EL/PL claims.
The relevant team in Chelmsford is known for dealing with employers' and public liability claims. The team also has extensive experience in: Motor, Property and Abuse claims.
Type of Clients:
- Employers' Liability/Public Liability Insurers
- Local Authorities and London Boroughs
- Claims handlers/TPAs
Type of Cases:
- Fast Track Employers' and Public liability (plus some general liability) with supervision
- Fatal, catastrophic, TBI and complex Orthopaedic and Psychiatric injury
- Good Academics
- FILEX qualified or studying towards ILEX qualification.
- A minimum of 12 months* litigation experience preferably within personal injury (both defendant and claimant experience will be considered).
- Able to run own caseload with some supervision.
- Clear communicator
- Fast track and/or Multi-track EL/PL claims experience.
- Familiarity with working to SLAs
- To have had previous client contact and attendance at business development events.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply a commercial approach to claims in order to deliver economic solutions.
- To be proactive and take initiative.
- Hard working.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage own time, excellent organisation skills.
- Strong technical and research skills.
*Where a level of post qualification experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a solicitor to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less post qualification experience. Kennedys welcomes applications from candidates at all levels who can demonstrate they have gained the required experience in an appropriate legal context.